In this article, we will discuss how to remove 2 pin CFL bulb (compact fluorescent lamp) specifically.
There are numerous reasons why we need to change or remove bulbs from our lighting fixtures, but what to do when you are simply unable to remove the bulb? It’s not uncommon for people to have problems with removing compact fluorescent bulbs, especially CFL bulbs with two pins.
We completely understand the frustration, but the good news is that there are ways to solve this!
What’s a 2-pin CFL bulb?
As you can tell from the very name of these bulbs, 2-pin CFL bulbs are bulbs that have 2 pins.
These bulbs are definitely not a novelty on the market and are more common in old buildings. With that said, it is not strange that 2 pin CFL bulbs are being phased out, but you can remove them and replace them with new ones before they burn out completely.
If you’re asking yourself how to remove 2 Pin CFL bulbs, you probably want to install a newer and more modern type of bulb (such as a smart bulb) and break old habits.
If you’re interested, read more on pins here.
How to remove 2 pin CFL bulb and change it
By now, we’ve probably all been in a situation where we can’t remove the light bulb. Maybe you don’t know how to remove 2 pin CFL bulb or maybe the socket has gone bad. In the second case, you’re probably dealing with the bulb welded into the socket, and you’ll need to use a little bit more force than you would usually.
Down below we will list the necessary steps for the purpose of removing 2-pin compact fluorescent bulbs. Here’s how to remove 2 pin CFL bulb:
1. If you’re dealing with bulbs, or basically anything that is powered by electricity, don’t forget to turn the power off. This is the most crucial step and you will not be able to proceed with your plan without it. Turning the power off will save you from potential accidents that can happen, which can put your health and life in danger. We all want to avoid an electrical shock at all costs!
2. After turning the power off, the bulb socket needs to be removed. In order to do that, you will need to turn it counterclockwise until it’s loose and it comes off.
3. Now it’s time to take off the bulb. Simply pull out the bulb. Be careful while doing this because the glass is very delicate and it can break easily in your hands. Also, make sure that the bulb is cooled down if it has been turned on recently. Wear gloves to make sure you’re safe.
4. Place the new bulb into the socket. Turn the new bulb clockwise until it’s fitted properly and stable.
5. The next step would be to replace the socket. Just push the socket into its place and make sure it sits properly in its place.
6. Now you’re finally free to turn the power back on. Once you replaced the old bulb and the socket accurately, your job is done successfully.
Read more on how to remove a light bulb from a recessed socket.
In conclusion, the main goal in removing a 2-pin CFL bulb is to use a brand-new replacement.
This useful guide showed you how to remove it. Now that we covered the steps of removing 2-pin compact fluorescent bulbs feel confident to do so. The important thing is to succeed without damaging your fixtures, but the main is goal is to avoid hurting yourself.
This task might be risky if you’re not careful, but it’s very simple if you follow all the rules. If you are facing issues in removing bulbs, then you can also use this guide to troubleshoot your issue. Don’t forget to dispose of or recycle the old bulbs properly!